Support Related Questions
Find answers to frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer send us an email so we can get it answered for you.
- How do I reprogram a Quick Button or Group?
- Why are my messages being deleted everyday?
- How do I backup my Quick Keys?
- Do I have to download SideNotesIM separately on each computer?
- How do I add users to SideNotesIM list of active users?
- What changes do I need to make to my firewall to enable SideNotesIM?
- Is SideNotesIM version 2 compatible with older version 1 clients?
- Will my version 1.x client automatically update to version 2?
- Will I lose any settings when upgrading from version 1 to version 2?
- Will SideNotesIM work on Windows 8?
Any button that can be configured can be changed by “Right-Clicking” on the button to reveal the configuration window.
SideNotesIM runs a daily maintenance at midnight or on startup each day. The default setting is to remove any messages from the previous day. You can change this setting by clicking Options then System Options. Choose the “General” tab and uncheck “Run Daily Maintenance"
You can backup your Quick Keys by clicking Options then Edit Quick Keys then select the Backup & Restore tab.
Yes. If you have computers that do not have access to the internet then you can download the installation program to a shared network drive, removable USB memory key or simply burn it to a CD. Then run the SideNotesIM installer on each computer.
You don’t. SideNotesIM automatically detects all the users that are currently running SideNotesIM on your network. Everyone who has SideNotesIM installed and running will appear in the active users list automatically.
In most cases you will not need to make any changes. However if you are prompted by your Firewall, Antivirus or Spyware software you will need to allow or unblock SideNotesIM in order for it to communicate on your network.
No. If you are currently using Version 1 clients you will need to manually upgrade them to Version 2. SideNotesIM Version 2 is a free upgrade to all version 1 customers.
No. Even though version 2 is a free upgrade it is not backwards compatible with version 1. You will need to download the latest version from our downloads page and upgrade your client manually.
Most of your settings, messages and quick keys should migrate over to version 2. However your message groups will need to be re-programmed. Groups will be migrated over but they will need to edited and re-selected from the active users list before you can use them again.
Yes. SideNotesIM version 2.x supports Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.