Feature Related Questions
Find answers to frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer send us an email so we can get it answered for you.
- We have remote users that work from home. Can they use SideNotesIM as well?
- We have multiple locations. Can we use SideNotesIM to communicate with users at each location?
- Will SideNotesIM work on Windows 8?
- As an administrator can I log or archive all messages?
- Can I print or save messages?
- Can I send messages to more than one user?
- Can I have multiple users on a single computer?
- Does SideNotesIM require a server or any other software?
- How many users can the VPN Gateway support?
Install the VPN Gateway at your main location to allow remote users to connect with other SideNotes users on your main network.
Yes. First you will need to setup the VPN Gateway at your main location. Then connect all of your remote SideNotesIM to the newly installed VPN Gateway. If you need some help let us know.
Yes. Version 2.x supports Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Yes. The Message Monitor application can archive messages and live chat conversations.
Yes. You can Print messages to your default printer. You can also save any message as a rich text file “.rtf”
Yes. You can send messages using the "Everyone" group or define your own custom groups.
Yes. SideNotesIM creates a custom profile for each windows user.
No. SideNotesIM uses Peer-to-Peer technology to communicate with other SideNotesIM clients on your network. You can also use the VPN Gateway to connect locations together.
By default 20 users are supported. However your registration code can be used to allow up to 200 connections. You will receive this code at the time of purchase.